Since I updated my blog roll today I noticed that a lot of folks have their adoption timeline listed on the side of their blog. I haven’t a clue how to make that happen, but I figured I would do a post about the random dates. They are so important now that we are in the process but will probably fade and be replaced with new milestones.
So here is a list of important dates so far:
- October 22, 2009 – Application approved by Holt and our 9th wedding anniversary
- January 3, 2010- Adoption officially put on hold while we figure our life out
- March 2010- Figured life out, started paperwork for the home study
- May 12, 2010- First Waiting Mom’s meeting
- May 21, 2010 – First Home Study interview
- July 24, 2010- Dossier sent to Holt
- November 12, 2010- Davy was born in Ethiopia
- January 25, 2011- Matched with our daughter
- February 17, 2011- Notified that our paperwork was submitted to court in Ethiopia
There you go a snapshot of adoption in 16 months. Holy cow are we ready to be done with this process and have our girl home. Right now we are waiting to hear when our court date will be (hopefully in May). People keep asking me if I am more anxious now that I have a photo. Actually I feel amazingly calm. It still feels weird to say her name. I know she is being cared for and loved in Ethiopia. It makes me sad that we aren’t there, but also she has been in care since she was a pretty new baby and that is her home. I can’t wait to shower her with tons of affection and attention (I am a Jewish mother after all). Right now I am saving up my anxiety up for in between the first and second trips. Then I will be a freaking wreck. Right now, I am enjoying the smooth sailing.
Also if I included your blog in my blog roll and you want to be taken of- just let me know. I won’t be offended. OR if I didn’t included your blog- I am happy to add it!