I did this last year. Though I would make a thing out of it. Really I am mostly excited about the books I read.
1. what did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Saw Mt. Rushmore, drove through Yellowstone Park. Wadded in a river with a Buffalo. Heard my daughter use the word “Shart”
2.did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I never remember my resolutions. I pretty much break them the second. This year’s resolution is just to have a quiet and peaceful year. To live our lives in the moment and remember to breath
did anyone close to you give birth? Actually yeah, my friend Allison had a baby boy, Oskar and my friend Marie is due any second
4. did anyone close to you die? Yes, our Sweet Georgia Brown
5. what countries did you visit? Nowhere as exotic as last year. We didn’t make it out of the states, but we did take a long road trip. I think rural western Montana might count as another country
what would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? It has been a really good year. I have everything I want this year. It has been quiet and uneventful. Busy. Maybe more time to craft…
7. what date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? December 23, 2012 the night we had to say goodbye to Sweet Georgia Brown. She has been with us for almost 18 years.
8. what was your biggest achievement of the year? Remaining an almost sane parent to a toddler. NOT having peanut butter all over my cloths everyday. Only most days.
9. what was your biggest failure? I have to eat better and exercise more.
10. did you suffer illness or injury? Nope
11. what was the best thing you bought? Some really expensive heavy duty yarn. I used it to make a sweater. It is warm and well, rather itchy, but really really warm
12. whose behavior merited celebration? My mom, for simply being one of the most loving people I know. Being a grandmother is the job she was meant to do. I always had a great relationship with my grandparents, so its wonderful to see that Davy is having the same experience.
14. where did most of your money go? Feeding, clothing, entertaining Davy Beach and yarn. oh and fabric. yeah that too.
15. what did you get really, really, really excited about? My brother in law bought me a really fancy schmancy set of knitting needles for Christmas. I love them. Is that kinda lame?
16. what song(s) will always remind you of 2011? Anything by Pete Krebs and the Portland Playboys. A country western band we see bi-weekly with Davy.
17. compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? happier
richer or poorer? My life is rich, happy and complete
18. what do you wish you’d done more of? Nothin. I did everything I really wanted to do, maybe traveled more
what do you wish you’d done less of? Worried less about parenting. Every stage of Davy’s life has had some many challenges and blessings. I need to remember that most of everything is just a “phase”
20. how will you be spending christmas? We spent Christmas at home, quiet and beautiful
21. where did you begin the year; and where will you end it? We began 2012 with our dear friends Ari and Anne and ended it with them. Hope we get to do it again next year and the year after and the year after
22. did you fall in love in 2011? You betcha
23. how many one-night stands? Oh pllleeeezzzzzeee
24. what was your favorite TV program? Boardwalk Empire, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Downton Abby, Survivor, Miranda, The League
25. do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate? nope
26.what was the best book you read? Such great books this year. The Orphan Master’s son, A Thousand Lives, Jesus Land, The Devil of Nanking, Wild, Here Come’s Everybody, Yes Chef
27. what was your greatest musical discovery? Pete Krebs and the Portland Playboys. Love them
28. what did you want and get? Indeed
29. what did you want and not get? nope
30.what was your favorite film of this year? We saw a bunch but nothing really stands out. I saw a movie on HBO called Beginners with Ewan McGregor. I loved it.
31. what did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 41, we drove to a state park in Washington and spent the day by a river. It was cold but beautiful.
32. what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More time to the day. Longer naps
how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? I have been wearing a lot of my handknitted sweaters this year. I usually save them for special days, but that’s just dumb.
34. what kept you sane? Friends, family, knitting, quilting, good meals
which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? no time to fancy anyone
36. what political issue stirred you the most? The election. Gun control
37. who did you miss? My grandpa and grandma, Georgia
38. who was the best new person you met? I have met a couple new parents from Davy’s preschool. They are great and its the beginning of some new friendships. That makes me happy. It’s good to find parents who have similar values and spunky kids.
39.tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011: This too shall pass so enjoy every minute
40. quote a song lyric that sums up your year: no idea, um Call Me Maybe?